Gum tissue may sometimes overgrow which causes discomfort to some people. Added to that, individuals with excess gingival display (also known as gummy smile) think that their smile looks unattractive.
On the other hand, the mouth’s soft tissue may be subject to a periodontitis, which is a severe gum disease. The latter requires gum removal surgery.
Here come gingivoplasty and gingivectomy which are surgeries that involve removing the excess gingiva or the diseased gum. These periodontal surgeries are quite popular in the field of dental care in Turkey.
Package price of Gingivectomy in TurkeyWith our hospitals, the average price of the package Gingivectomy in Turkey is 35 €.
The cost of the procedure Gingivectomy in Turkey depends on several factors such as the type of surgery you are going to have, the clinic and the experience of your surgeon. Discover the pack
Who is this procedure for?
- People with gingival fibrosis for undetermined cause
- People with gingival hypertrophy interfering for the construction of a tooth
- People suffering from gingival enlargement due to medication (ciclosporin, phenytoines, dihydropyridines ...)
- Tooth sensitivity
Intervention or treatment's duration
- The session lasts 10 to 30 minutes
- Stop bleeding from the second day
- Final result 3 to 7 days after the intervention
The Best Clinics of Gingivectomy in Turkey
It's the dentist who specializes in periodontal surgery (also called the periodontist) who performs this kind of surgery. The patient can arrange an appointment during which the tooth doctor performs a comprehensive dental examination. This would give him an idea about the feasibility of this surgery.
The best clinics of gingivectomy in Turkey have the best dental surgeons specialized in periodontal and cosmetic dental surgeries.
In which cases does the Doctor indicate this surgery?
Although gingivectomy and gingivoplasty are two different procedures, they can be performed for the same reasons. Both surgeries may be indicated in the following cases:
- Idiopathic gingival hyperplasia (or gingival fibrosis) that results from an undetermined cause;
- Gingival dysplasia interfering with the construction of a tooth;
- Gum hypertrophy that is caused by some drugs such as ciclosporin, phenytoins and dihydropyridines;
- Periodontitis (severe gum infection).
In case of a receding gum, the doctor will indicate a gingival graft surgery.
How does the Periodontist perform Gum Contouring in Turkey?
First of all, the periodontist performs the necessary measurements with a periodontal instrument. The latter reports the depth of the bloody gingival pockets (periodontitis) and the size of the excess gum (gingival hyperplasia).
Then, the tooth doctor would make incisions following a line that is parallel to the bloody points.
He makes these incisions using an angled blade following a continuous line in the gum. Finally, the dentist sews up the gum at the level of the taste buds.
Gingivoplasty: Pros of Gum Contouring in Turkey
Gum contouring in Turkey is an invasive procedure that have many advantages if it’s performed properly. The pros of gingivoplasty (also called smile makeover) in Turkey are the following:
- Gum reshaping is a simple cosmetic surgery;
- Gum contouring surgery eliminates excess gum tissue resulting from gingival hypertrophy;
- Laser gum contouring is a minimally invasive procedure that corrects uneven gum line;
- This intervention aims to correct the gummy smile by reshaping the gingival tissue.
What are the cons to Gingivectomy?
Like any other surgeries, gum contouring procedures can also have some pros and cons. These are some rare complications and mild side effects that may occur during and after the surgery.
During a gingivectomy, we can experience:
- A haemorrhagic complication by bleeding from the gum;
- Significant pain during and after the surgical intervention;
- A bone exposure.
These complications are rare, but we should still get prepared to experience some of them. The potential medium-term complications after the surgery are:
- Poor healing;
- Increased tooth sensitivity;
- Poor aesthetic outcomes.
Gum Contouring Cost in Istanbul
Are you experiencing any health problems with your gum?
There is no need to worry because we will put you in touch with the best dental clinics in Turkey & Istanbul. You can also fill our online form and send us a request, so we can offer you the best medical advices.
Find a Dental Suregon in the Best Clinics of Gingivectomy in Turkey
Turquie santé will do its best to make the best prices available for your dental treatment in Turkey. We collaborate with the most recognized clinics and hospitals in Istanbul, Izmir and Antalya
How much does this surgery Cost?
We negotiate for you the best prices of the best dental procedures. Compare quotes of hospitals and clinics in Istanbul, Izmir, Ankara or Antalya for free, and make appointments free of charge. You can also request your personalized quote to know the cost of a Gingivectomy in Turkey.
Share this page
Gingivectomy is the surgery of the partial removal of gingival tissue.
Partial removal of the gingival tissue is indicated in the following cases:
- When treating periodontal disease.
- To treat gingival hyperplasia, caused by taking certain medications.
- To rectify the gingival smile.
To avoid postoperative complications, some hygiene and nutrition recommendations should be followed:
- Be careful not to peel off or move the dressing and avoid hard food;
- Favor a soft or liquid diet;
- Maintain good oral hygiene;
- Use antiseptic mouthwashes to accelerate healing.
The success rate of gum removal surgery in our clinics in Turkey is 90%.