Forehead Surgery & Brow Bone Reduction Cost & Reviews
Larger foreheads may be inherited, or due to hair loss in the front of the head, or to other procedures. This surgery, also referred to as hairline lowering without hair transplantation, can help equilibrize the dimensions of your facial features.
Forehead surgery is a very delicate operation that involves remodeling the forehead bone and forehead contouring.
Package price of Forehead surgery in TurkeyWith our hospitals, the average price of the package Forehead surgery in Turkey is 1700 €.
The cost of the procedure Forehead surgery in Turkey depends on several factors such as the type of surgery you are going to have, the clinic and the experience of your surgeon. Discover the pack
Who is this procedure for?
- Patients wishing to change the shape of their foreheads
- Patients with poorly formed or bumps on the forehead
- Face lift
Intervention or treatment's duration
- The operation lasts approximately 2 to 3 hours.
- Removing stitches seven to ten days after surgery
- Back to sports activities one month after the operation
- Final result 4 months after the operation
Forehead Lift Cosmetic Surgery & Browplasty
The objective of this cosmetic surgery is the rejuvenation of the face.
Forehead reduction surgery reduces its dimension and modifies the visual aspect of the eyebrows. However, it does not necessarily lift them.
If needed, a separate surgery called a browplasty can be performed simultaneously with the hairline lowering surgery.
The brow and forehead lift is a cosmetic procedure that upgrades ageing brows and forehead, and improves sagging eyelids. Some brow lift methods also ameliorate forehead and brow's wrinkles.
The difference between Forehead Lift & Browplasty
Almost every person who is over 50 years old is a good candidate for blepharoplasty. However, they may be disqualified for brow and forehead lift.
The difference between forehead lift and browplasty are many. With the forehead lift the brows are improved, but the brow position stays the same. The browplasty, however, improves the saggy upper eyelid skin and also elevates the brows for a more juvenile appearance. Adding to that, forehead lift is minimally invasive, while the brow bone reduction surgery requires many incisions.
Not every person is a good candidate for browplasty because some patients do not seem real with elevated brows.
Before any forehead lift, a browplasty should be discussed with the plastic surgeon. If too much skin is removed from the forehead, a future browplasty may be impossible. There will not be enough skin to close the gap between the brows and the eyes.
Structures Affected by Forehead Contouring Plastic Surgery
There are three prominent areas considered:
- The brow arch or the forehead bump
- The osseous tissue of the forehead
- The lateral orbital rim.
Principle of Cosmetic Surgery of the Forehead Contouring
The principle of frontal lift is to correct the sagging of the skin in the forehead, eyebrows, and upper eyelids.
What are the Indications of Forehead Lift?
- The objective of feminization: It consists of radically changing a masculine face into a feminine face. The female face tends to be more rounded than a male face.
- The objective of rejuvenation: The ageing face gives the impression of fatigue and sadness. The brow lift aims at restoring this impression by getting rid of wrinkles.
- The correction of facial imperfections: For example, asymmetrical eyebrows.
Is this procedure for both Male & Female patients?
Brow bone reduction in female and male patients is a procedure that involves brow shaving and surgically modifying the osseous tissue. The outer sections of the bossing of the eyebrows are firm osseous tissue and can simply be reshaped. The segment of bossing between the eyebrows is situated on a zone named the frontal sinus.
The difference between male & female brow osseous tissue
There are three principal differences between female and male brow osseous tissue:
- The female brow bone is usually smaller and narrower than the male brow osseous tissue;
- Males eyebrows are thicker than females eyebrows;
- Male eyebrows are straight, while female eyebrows are more arched;
- Males brow bones are lower than females brow osseous tissue.
What are the Methods in Turkey & Istanbul?
A distinction is made between two types of frontal surgery:
- The open surgery technique: which means open cast operations;
- Endoscopic technique: that is, without completely opening, but just an incision to insert a small camera to monitor gestures on screen.
What are the Postoperative Consequences?
Most people can go back home a few hours after the surgery. You’ll need to return to the clinic or the hospital to remove the stitches after 10 days. It is also recommended returning for observation and aftercare checkups 3 weeks after the surgery.
Like with any invasive cosmetic surgery, great care should be taken to keep the wound disinfected and improve the healing process.
If there are any signs of infection at the site of the incision, contact your doctor immediately. Your doctor will also give you post-operative advises to properly take care of your surgery incision. This will include how to decrease pain, lumping, and risk of infection.
The consequences are usually simple and complications are rare and manageable. If the patient feels some pain, an analgesic will be prescribed.
Forehead Surgery & Brow Bone Reduction Cost in Turkey & Istanbul
This surgery is generally not very expensive. Forehead surgery and Brow bone reduction cost ranges between 1,700 and 2,000 dollars, depending on the clinic and the surgical technique, endoscopic or not.
You can request a custom quote by sending your quote request. Our partners will answer you with prices and advice for your case.
Compare free quotes and prices of forehead surgeries with clinics and hospitals in Istanbul, Ankara, Antalya or Izmir. Negotiating the best prices for your medical stay in Turkey will be the responsibility of Turquie Santé. You can also ask for a free online consultation and book an appointment through the link below.
Share this page
- Open surgery (with incision at the hairline);
- Closed surgery (endoscopic).
The best technique will be chosen following a medical evaluation.
During forehead surgery, the surgeon may use:
- Local anesthesia associated with tranquilizers injected intravenously;
- General anesthesia.
The success rate of forehead surgery in Turkey is 85%.