Bone loss is a common problem among old people, especially those who have lost their teeth. Fortunately, there is an innovative surgery that can solve this issue once for all.
Dental Bone graft in Istanbul involves taking a small piece of bone from one part of the body to correct a bone defect in another part of it, particularly in the upper jaw. Bone grafting for dental implants surgical procedure is an innovative treatment in implantology.
A dental bone transplant is a surgery that aims to increase the amount of bone in a part of the jaw that has lost the density of its osseous tissue.
Package price of Bone graft in TurkeyWith our hospitals, the average price of the package Bone graft in Turkey is 2500 €.
The cost of the procedure Bone graft in Turkey depends on several factors such as the type of surgery you are going to have, the clinic and the experience of your surgeon. Discover the pack
Who is this procedure for?
- People who want to create sufficient space to allow the placement of a dental implant;
- Patients wishing to give the jaw a regular and adequate shape for the preparation of prostheses;
- People who wants to reconstruct the jaw following a serious accident;
- People with birth defects or jaw resection in cases of oral cancer.
- Rejection of transplant.
Intervention or treatment's duration
- Between 1 and 3 hours.
- 6 months.
Dental Bone Graft in Turkey: In which cases?
Here are the most common cases that may require a dental bone graft:
- Teeth implant: People who are going to undergo a tooth implant surgery may be candidates for a bone transplant surgery.
- Gum disease: A patient may lose his teeth and jawbone after the removal of the gum tissue (gingivectomy). This area must be filled with an osseous tissue to make the patient feel comfortable.
- Bone loss: Poor osseous density makes a person older than what he really is. In fact, bone deterioration in the jaw can cause the face to look shorter than it used to.
What are the contraindications?
The presence of an unhealthy gum, an altered overall condition of the patient and an age under 18 may contraindicate the transplant as the risk of failure increases.
The surgeon is the only person who can confirm to the patient whether he/she is well-prepared for this procedure or not.
Types & sources of the bone graft material used in this Surgery
Several types of osseous tissue that comes from different sources, such as:
- Autologous graft (Intra-oral bone): This type of graft requires two operating positions: a sampling site and a transplant site.
- Biomaterial graft: This type of graft is a synthetic one which is created by artificial means but looks like natural bone. They are ceramic or polymer-made and compatible with the human bone.
- Allogeneic graft : This type of graft is a bone substitute from a special bank. The bones may come from a living or a dead donor.
- Xenograft: this type of graft involves using the bone of other species.
- Growth factors enhanced grafts: This kind of graft consists of stem cells that are seeded onto bioactive ceramics. The latter are conditioned to generate osteoblasts (a type of bone cells)
What should be done before a bone graft surgery in Istanbul?
Different steps should be done before and during a bone graft surgery in Istanbul, Turkey. Indeed, you should take the following steps:
- First, make an appointment with your oral surgeon for a first consultation. He will examine you to define the :
- Treatment steps;
- Sampling site;
- The amount of bone needed for rebuilding the deficient part.
- Then, your doctor may request a blood and radiological assessment. This step depends on the position to be operated and the medical reason that requires this surgery.
- Finally, the operation takes place either in a hospital, an office, or a clinic under local anesthesia.
What are the postoperative consequences?
The postoperative consequences are simple, the complications are rare, and a period of convalescence may be necessary. The healing is generally fast and your doctor may prescribe painkillers if needed. Generally, the implant placement can be done 3-6 months after bone transplant.
After the tooth implant surgery, your bone growth will be improved because your body interprets the implants as they were natural teeth. Indeed, tooth implants, such as All-on-8, have positive impact on bone formation and the prevention of bone loss.
What are the risks?
The risks are very rare, but some complications may occur, such as:
- The healing problems: The healing period depends on the overall condition of the patient. Some drugs may delay it (such as taking long-term cortisones).
- The risk of bleeding: The risk of bleeding depends on the amount of bone taken. It also relies on the patient's condition related to a coagulation problem.
- The risk of infection: The operation takes place under strict aseptic conditions. The indication of prophylactic antibiotic therapy may be necessary.
What is the price of Bone graft in Turkey & Istanbul?
The costs of bone graft in Turkey and Istanbul include the surgeon's fees, the cost of surgery as well as anesthesia, and the products along with drugs used.
Overall prices vary between 2200 Euros and 3500 Euros.
Cost of Bone grafting for dental implants
The cost of a bone graft for dental implants can vary depending on the type and the source of the graft. The complexity of the surgery and the material used are the two main factors that impact the price.
Is the Cost of Dental Bone Graft reimbursable?
Many health insurances don’t reimburse dental bone grafts in most cases. However, you should discuss the matter with you health insurance counsellors before taking any step.
Can the Bone Grafting for Dental Implants be partially reimbursable?
If your doctor indicates this surgery for medical reasons, your health insurance may cover part of its cost. If you want to undergo this surgery for aesthetic reasons, it will cannot be covered by your insurer.
Share this page
A patient should undergo a bone grafting surgery in Turkey when his jaw bone mass is not dense enough to receive an implant.
There are many types of bone grafts, which can be classified as follows :
- Autogenous (or autologous): The bone is taken from the patient, from the chin, skull or shin area.
- Allogeneic: The bone comes from a specialized bank. Allogeneic bone grafts are obtained from human femoral heads.
- Xenogenous: Bone comes from another species, usually from the Bovidae family, whose bone is very well accepted by the human body.
- Alloplastic: Alloplastic grafts are derived from a synthetic biomaterial. This bone substitute is produced in the laboratory, and it is perfectly well-matched with human bone.
The mucosa takes 8 to 15 days to heal. The bones take more time to be strengthened. Therefore, the result is obtained after 4 to 6 postoperative months.
The success rate of bone transplant surgery with our clinics in Turkey is 95%.