Primary bone cancer is a rare type of cancer. This type of cancer can occur in children, adolescents, and adults as well. Children are more likely to be affected by this cancer, but adults over 40 are rarely influenced.
It can begin in the long bones of the knee, femur, tibia, and the upper arm. It is one of the most serious cancers.
If bone cancer is diagnosed and treated before it spreads to the surrounding tissues, it is possible to cure it. That's why a consultation with the best oncology doctor in Turkey is necessary if you notice any alarming sign or symptom.
What are the Different Types of Bone Cancer?
There are four types of bone cancer which are:
- Osteosarcoma: This is the most known type of bone cancer, also called osteogenic sarcoma;
- Ewing's sarcoma: It is unknown in Africa and Asia.
- Sarcoma of axis cells: It is rare with about eighty cases every year.
- Chondrosarcoma: This type of cancer can be found in the middle-aged and those who are between the age of 40and 50. It affects women and men.
Diagnosis and Treatment of Osteosarcoma
Osteosarcoma can occur in any osseous tissue of the body, but it usually begins in the pelvis or the femora, tibiae, and the fibulae. Osteosarcoma is rare in young adults, but very frequent in children. In fact, benign bone tumours are much more frequent than malignant ones.
Signs, a clinical exam, bone scan results, and blood analyses might suggest that a patient has osteosarcoma. However, doctors must perform a biopsy to check an osseous tissue or a cell from the affected bone to confirm the diagnosis.
What are the Clinical Signs & Symptoms of Osteogenic Sarcoma
The signs of bone cancer are Bone pain and Fractures
Bone cancer can affect different bones in different parts of the body. Bone cancer does cause any signs or symptoms.
- Bone pain that does not disappear in the evening (painful swelling);
- Weight loss;
- Bone that breaks easily;
- Difficulty moving a limb;
- Swelling and inflammation in the affected area;
What Causes the Osteogenic Sarcoma?
The exact origin of bone cancer is unknown. However, many factors can induce a risk of growth of cancer cells like:
- Genetic factors. Some rare genetic factors inherited through families raise the probability of osteosarcoma, like Li-Fraumeni syndrome and retinoblastoma.
- Paget's disease. It affects mostly older people making their bones grow abnormally. It can increase the risk of osteosarcoma occurring in the future.
- Radiotherapy. Being subject to important doses of radioactive energy, like those administered during radiation therapy is dangerous. Indeed, it increases the probability of developing a bone cancer later.
Types of Osteosarcoma Treatment in Turkey & their Cost
The eventual types of osteosarcoma treatment in Turkey include:
- Chemotherapy: to reduce the tumor's mass;
- Surgery to remove the tumor;
- Radiation therapy;
- Cementoplasty (the injection of cement into the broken vertebra of the tumor) to reduce pain.
Osteogenic sarcoma is usually cured thanks to a treatment protocol that combine many therapies. This treatment protocol can include a surgical procedure, chemotherapy, and radiotherapy. Most patients with high-grade tumours receive about three months of chemotherapy, known as neoadjuvant therapy, before surgery.
Surgery: the main Osteosarcoma Treatment in Turkey
The essential treatment for bone cancer is urgent surgery that involves removing tumor cells. The surgery depends on the position of the tumor, the size, the stage of cancer, and the nature of bone cancer.
Osteogenic sarcoma surgery may consist in removing the entire limb (amputation) or part of the affected osseous tissue. The amputated bone is then substituted by some sort of bionic limb (prosthesis). If the affected bone is resected partially, this is called a limb-sparing surgery.
Bone Cancer Therapy Cost in Istanbul, Turkey
With Turquie santé, you benefit from the best care plans and the best prices to cure your illness at any stage. Do not wait to send your medical file to our partner clinics and hospitals in Istanbul, Izmir, or Antalya. The best doctors will answer you as soon as possible with the treatments to carry out and tailor-made quotes for your particular case.
Turquie Santé offers its patients the best osteosarcoma treatment in Turkey. The cheapest cost of your medical stay in the best hospitals for bone cancer treatment will be provided by our agency.
Share this page
We are partnered with the best hospital for bone cancer in Turkey that offers the latest treatment options with the highest success rates.
Indeed, it is the most recognized oncology center in Turkey that has the most reputed oncology doctors in the world.
The most common treatment options for bone cancer in our clinics in Turkey include:
- Surgeries: amputation or limb-sparing surgery;
- Chemotherapy and radiattion therapy: to reduce the size of the tumour;
- Complementary medication treatments.
Bone cancer symptoms and signs include:
- Swelling of the limb where the bone tumor has grown;
- Bone fractures;
- Difficulty moving the limb affected by cancer.
The bone cancer's treatment in our clinics in Turkey doesn't necessarily require limb amputation. The amputation of the limb affected by cancer is only inevitable when the bone tumour affects the nerves, essential blood vessels, and tissues surrounding the affected bone.
Yes, there are several surgical methods that can treat bone cancer by sparing the limb in our oncology clinics in Turkey, such as:
- Monoblock resection;
- Conservative surgery (limb-sparing surgery).