Bariatric Surgery: before Deciding on this Procedure
Diet failure and rapid weight regain can be a big nightmare for many people who want to have a beautiful silhouette in a sustainable way. In fact, bariatric surgery can be a very effective solution to treat the problem of obesity as well as its complications.
Weight Loss Surgery in Turkey at a cheap Cost
Bariatric surgery or also called obesity surgery, is the only effective treatment that can treat severe obesity which is a disease that is characterized by excess fat and causes several health problems. You can have a better quality of life thanks to the cheap cost of this surgery.
Weight loss surgery aims to modify the digestive system to reduce the efficiency of digestion by limiting the absorption of food. It is indicated for people who are under 60 years of age and whose BMI (Body Mass Index) is greater than 40 kg / m² or 35 kg / m² (in case of other diseases associated with obesity such as diabetes, hypertension blood ...).
Weight Reduction Surgery Types in Turkey & Istanbul
There are 3 types of weight loss surgery performed by Turquie Santé partner doctors in Turkey and Istanbul, among which we can cite:
- Gastric Band Surgery: this is the safest and most effective intervention in more than 80% of cases. It aims to reduce the size of the stomach and therefore the amount of food in the digestive tract. Thanks to this intervention, the patient can quickly satiate and gradually have the ideal weight.
- Sleeve gastrectomy: this intervention is irreversible. It can improve the quality of life of the patient, and it is effective in more than 65% of cases. It involves removing a portion of the stomach "pocket" and reducing the hormone that stimulates appetite.
- Gastric Bypass: this intervention exists in two forms (bypass Y and bypass Omega), it is very complex compared to other interventions and the efficiency rate is 70%. It intends to decrease the capacity of the patient's stomach.
Are there Side Effects of some Weight Reduction Surgery Types?
Weight reduction surgery can cause some complications such as internal bleeding, infection of the wound, and development of blood clots. There are late complications and side effects that, in addition to being related to surgery, are often related to the patient’s lack of adherence to the recommendations given by the surgeon, nutritionist and psychologist during the follow-up period.
Bariatric Surgery Side Effects
If the patient continues to smoke, there is an increased risk of ulcers, whether for sleeve or bypass. If the patient does not exercise regularly, there may also be vascular problems. Remember that the intervention, regardless of its type, never presents a magic wand! It acts alone for the first period, but then the patient must always cooperate actively.
If the patient is truly cooperative and sometimes this is the hardest thing to achieve, the results can be really optimal.
Why are Pre and Post Weight Loss Surgery diets important?
Before going through a weight reduction surgery, you need to make plans for a pre and a post surgical diet.
The pre-surgical diet aims to reduce fat in and around your liver. This decreases the risks during the intervention.
The post surgical surgery diet helps you heal, and will be more suitable for your small new stomach, and will help you acquire new healthier eating habits.
Pre Bariatric Surgery Diet
- Start adding protein supplements to your food (protein powder or drinks);
- Decrease fatty meats and milk products;
- Eat less sweet foods and drinks;
- Decrease carbohydrate-rich foods like bread & pasta;
- Quit smoking and alcohol,
- Stop binge-eating.
Post Bariatric Surgery Diet
- Drink and eat unhurriedly;
- Keep your meals rations small;
- Drink between repasts;
- Masticate your food slowly;
- Increase protein-rich foods;
- Avoid eating fat-rich food and sugar;
- Add vitamin and mineral supplements to your diet.
Are there Reasons Not To Have Bariatric Surgery?
Yes, there are reasons not to have a weight reduction surgery ! Not everyone is a good candidate for a weight loss surgery. However, there are other alternatives to help you reduce weight if you can’t have this type of surgery.
To be a possible candidate, you should also re-learn new eating habits.
Reasons Not To Have a Weight Loss surgery
- Severe heart failure;
- Unstable artery illness;
- Final stage lung disease;
- Going through cancer treatment;
- Alcoholism or addiction to drugs;
- Intellectual deficiency;
How much does Bariatric Surgery Cost in Turkey and Istanbul clinics?
With Turquie Santé, you are sure to be referred only to qualified and accredited partner clinics with experienced doctors. You will be in direct contact with the treating physicians. You can request a Free quote or set a date for your bariatric consultation in Turkey and Istanbul.
Share this page
Bariatric surgery is indicated for patients with a BMI (body mass index) that exceeds 32 Kg/m², with diseases or disabilities related to obesity.
Sleeve gastrectomy (reducing the size of stomach by ablation) is the most effective surgery, and it is an irreversible solution.
After the surgery, you should eat food in a liquid form and then in a mashed form. Starting from the sixth postoperative week you would be able to eat foods in a solid form. However, during the period when you should only eat liquid and semi-liquid foods, you should take food supplements.
The day after surgery, you will be recommended to do exercises related to your age and BMI. After the fourth postoperative week, moderate exercises, such as swimming, will be allowed. Effortful exercises will be tolerated from the sixth postoperative week.